Milwaukee Lutheran High School was established in 1903 and is one of the oldest Lutheran high schools in the nation.
After initially operating on a variety of sites, the Lutheran High School Association was formed by 27 congregations in 1952, and after raising over $2 million for a new building in only a few months, groundbreaking began on the present site in 1954. Since that time, numerous campus improvements and upgrades have continued throughout the years to meet the needs of students, including a new fieldhouse in 1998 and the development of the Red Knight Institute space in 2016. MLHS certainly has been blessed with a rich tradition, history, and legacy that continues to live on. CLICK HERE
Today, MLHS is a proud part of the Lutheran High School Association of Greater Milwaukee, where together with Martin Luther High School (established in 1967) and Lake Country Lutheran High School (established in 1999), the three schools will serve over 1,500 students and their families this year, a remarkable growth of over 250 students from the previous year. All three schools have experienced significant growth in both enrollment and program opportunities in recent years, as increasing demand for the diverse communities and student opportunities they provide continues. MLHS is committed to providing exceptional student experiences in our pillars of academics, athletics, the arts, and student life, all of which are founded on faith and rooted in the truths of the Bible. We promise to never apologize for the Truth upon which we stand, and will tenaciously strive to bring the life-changing name of Jesus Christ to as many students and families as possible in relevant & relational ways through the remarkable gift of Christian education.
If you desire to know more about us and our story, please LET US KNOW! We are here to serve.